I really don't know how it is possible for my child to get cuter, but it is definitely happening. I came home from work to have him trotting toward the door at me, swinging his arms and scrunching his face in a grin. He walked up and gave me a big bear hug and then proceeded to just swing his arms as far forward and backward as he could as he stood around in the living room, just joyful about life.
Josiah got an upgrade this week. He got a full size crib. He has been in the mini crib since birth since that is all that would fit in the apartment, and he could have lasted a little longer, but we decided it was time to get him a full crib. I know other people consider that standard, but to us the thing looks huge and he looks so incredibly small in it. I was after a deal on Craigs List and I found it--a perfect crib for FREE! I was very excited. Ends up that it was missing one crucial piece, so I had to order a replacement part, increasing my free crib to a $27 crib, but still far cheaper than anything else I saw. I also bought a toddler bed with the crib mattress included for $30, bringing my total cost for his bed situation for the next 3 years to $57. I was quite proud of myself. I went to Target to find some cheap bedding and was astounded to find a bumper in his exact green/brown on the clearance rack. As I picked it up, I said to the Lord, "This was far too easy. You must be kidding." Asthetics aside, he doesn't seem phased by the transition at all. In fact, he really likes the ability to bounce on the new mattress while gripping the railing. His other railing was shaped so he wasn't as prone to cling to it and trust it with his life as he jumps with all his might. Ahh, the joys of a boy.
He is still trying to say all kinds of words, but Jonathan and I have to be the decoders for other people. He recently learned that dog dogs say "Woof woof," so he will hear the neighborhood dogs bark and will look at us and say, "Dough dough woof woof." I am impressed by his listening discernment. He is trying to learn cat cats and meow, but he has only said it once. I am sure it won't take long with the way he is absorbing and reproducing everything else around him. Woe to the child in a poor home environment at this age.
No comments:
Post a Comment