This week I did a clothing inventory for the fall season and put away the last of Josiah's baby things. He is officially a big boy! He now tells us when he needs to go to the bathroom and jets for the potty. I accidentally dozed off the other day and I woke to Josiah patting me, saying "Mama, mama! Poo-poo! Poo-poo!" My stomach sank as I stood up to find where the poo-poo might lie. I was incredibly grateful to find the poo-poo (and the largest one I've ever seen, I must add) neatly expelled in the potty. That's when I knew things are on the downhill climb.
Today we had a friend move into our upstairs for a while. He is waiting on his roommate to complete the purchase of a home. Since our house won't be empty, I don't mind announcing that next week something monumental is happening. Jonathan and I are going on vacation without Josiah...for a full week! We are really excited, and we know Josiah will have a great time with his grandparents. We are also hoping he will lose interest in the na-na while we are gone, but I'm highly doubtful. He's clung to na-na closer since potty training. It's as if he knows we are checking things off the "baby" list and na-na is the next to go.
Out of the blue Josiah has developed a love for the "choo-choo" video I bought back in July for our trip to Ohio. One day he handed me the DVD case and said, "choo choo." I affirmed his identification of the trains on the cover and handed it back. A few seconds later he came back to me and had the TV remote in one hand and the DVD in the other. He handed both to me and asked for the choo-choos again. Let me remind you that we had not ONCE watched any video on the tv before. It is a Thomas the Train sing-a-long video, and he often requests to watch it. He has never showed interest in TV before now. Now I spend the majority of my nights at work humming Thomas songs.
When Josiah knows he is doing something he probably shouldn't he squeezes his face up into a cheesy grin that makes anything but smiling back difficult. It's really an unfair tactic. Sometimes I have to turn away for a second to disguise how I really feel about the situation. He is quite a comedian in general, and now he is doing all of the classic toddler cute moves like spontaneously putting on our shoes and clacking around the house or playing with my sunglasses on his face. He mimics the way I must deal with my sunglasses---putting them up on my head, chewing on one arm while looking off mindlessly. It is really cute, of course.
We went to the pool a couple weeks ago with our dear friends the Hooleys and I need to post those pictures. Alas, it is dinner time. Soon, though!
1 comment:
A full week!!! Good for you guys! I hope you all have a blast on your vacation:)
Post a Comment