Monday, November 1, 2010

Whoops...the lost adventures revealed.

Whoops...it seems we have had much more fun in October than I've let onto. I actually thought (gasp) that I was somewhat "caught up" on the blog. That is...until I turned on my camera yesterday and started flipping though pictures. I realized that I hadn't shared several of our October adventures. So, without further ado...

A few weeks ago we drove past a parking lot carnival not far from our house. Josiah got very animated and began to chatter about going to the ferris wheel and merry-go-round. Conveniently, it was a Friday and we didn't have any plans for the evening, so we decided it was a good idea. We told Josiah it was called a carnival, and all day long he practiced that word. He would call it all kinds of bogus made up words when he couldn't exactly remember how to say it, and then he finally settled on "card-i-bal."
Of course Josiah had to ride the train.
Out of all of the fancy rides...we liked the slide the most. Some things are just good left simple. We went down that slide over and over. It was truly the best slide I've ever been on!
Josiah's "Uncle" Jonathan went with us to the carnival. Jonathan lived with us for a few months last year, and ever since he has loved Josiah like a great uncle would. He had a great time going through the obstacle course with Josiah and watching him on all the rides.


The carnival was so much fun that Josiah asked us to go again almost every day until a week later we could show him that the carnival had moved on to new places.

Last Monday Jonathan and Josiah went to "Sports Night" at our local Chickfila. If Josiah dressed up in sports attire he got a free kid's meal. This outfit choice is a tribute to all of our family out in Oklahoma. We insisted Josiah wear a headband to be a "real" basketball player. He didn't want anything to do with it, but he at least complied with it for a picture.


Friday we headed to the church that houses Josiah's preschool for their fall festival.

Nothing like a few games and inflatable things to bounce on.

On Saturday we took a friend's children to their school's fall festival. Josiah got to tag along for their fun.
A doughnut eating contest...what could be better??

After all of the festivities Jonathan and I were about festival-ed out. However, it was a lot of fun and there isn't anything quite like watching our child enjoy so many new things.

No comments: