Friday, July 15, 2011

40 Days...a plug

Ok everyone. This is an unashamed plug for a very dear friend of ours. He just published his first book, released from Tyndale House Publishers as an e-book on July 1st. Jonathan started reading it already and has only good things to say. I'm waiting my turn (and YES, I am still asking you to read it first!) If you are looking for a good summer read, please support this new author and dear friend by buying an e-copy and letting me know what you think!

40 Days without Food: Divine Goodness to a Starving Soul
By Russ Masterson

It is available on the Kindle, Nook, and iPad (via the free Kindle app for iPad). if you don't have an e-reader you can download the free Kindle app from www.amazon.com to your computer.

Below is a book summary or jump to his site for more details: www.russmasterson.com.

“I had a college degree, and soon a seminary degree to accompany it, yet I didn’t know where to go or what to do.” Russ Masterson had read and heard about purpose, but didn’t have a clue what his own purpose was. And there was emptiness where there should have been value. As he puts it, “I kept hoping a step would arrive when it was time to lift my foot.” Disillusioned with his life, as well as with God, he heard this advice: fast from food for 40 days. Faithless and frazzled, Russ accepted the challenge, hoping for direction, reflecting on the past, and wrestling with issues like purpose, faith, and love. In this book, readers will find a fresh literary voice — an insightful thinker who meets people in their humanity while helping them to see they can be rescued from it. The journey of these forty days without food will help you explore what really matters in life.


No comments: