
Evangeline is very into her "pretty" these days. That's the word she uses to describe any jewelry or adornments. It's also the word she uses for her own growing collection of "jewelry." When I realized how much she loved the "pretty," I dug out a few mardi gras necklaces from our costume box and they quickly became Evangeline's endowments. She has a silver bracelet engraved with her name she received from my dad for her birthday, and she appreciates the opportunity to keep it on...all the time. I even let her sleep in it last night when she protested its removal so severely. Don't worry, there's no way to eat this one.

All of this to say...with so much "pretty" on her mind, it seemed like a good time to introduce hair "pretty." That is, beads. Today we braided her hair with some donut beads I had ordered. She sat very patiently while I did all of the braids, and somewhere along the way she realized how she could make them clack by swinging her head. She has since displayed her affection for her beads by swinging her head and grinning at the result. So, here's to our future of hair bling...I mean, pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment