I forgot to mention this in my last post:
A couple of days ago I was putting Josiah in his pajamas when I noticed he had a few patches of red skin that looked a lot like eczema. The skin was rough and almost calloused looking. I noticed it on his arms and leg, though there was no symmetry to the distribution. That night as I put him down to sleep, I prayed for the Lord to heal Josiah's skin. I felt like the Lord told me He did. I pulled his sleeve up to inspect, and it appeared that the spots were gone, but I couldn't be sure in the dark. When he woke up the next day I looked him over, and the spots weren't there at all. There is no evidence of them, and all of his skin is smooth as can be. It was not an allergic reaction, it was not a coincidence. It was truly healing in its finest.
Today I was packing Josiah's overnight bag. The zipper has been broken for months, and I have tried every trick I know to fix it. At one point I spent close to an hour trying to fix it but couldn't. I have kept using the bag because I love it...it is the perfect size, and it was a gift from a friend in Guatemala. Today, I thought, "I REALLY wish this zipper would work." So...I asked the Lord to fix the zipper. Now, some people might think this is ridiculous, because, in fact, it is. WHY would the Lord take time to fix a zipper for me? Because He loves me like the best Father there is, and any father would fix a zipper for his little girl. Anyway, I slid the zipper down the direction that is supposed to "unzip"--though it hasn't done that in quite some time--and said a prayer. As I zipped it forward I was dumbfounded to watch my zipper work perfectly. I mean, really?! Do You really love me that much?! I stood in awe, laughing and shaking my head at how the Lord wanted to impress me in that moment-to prove He was listening and He could do whatever He pleased or I asked, regardless how big or small. Small miracles, perhaps, but miracles nonetheless. The Lord is still at work, and He is using this beautiful child to teach me what it means to have faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment