Monday, March 2, 2009

Passport, take me away!

This morning I took Josiah outside again to re investigate the snow. He seemed to like it more once it had iced over and his feet didn't sink down into it. Actually, now that I think about it, he pretty much stuck to the ground that had already lost its share of snow. The only time he cried he was actually standing on it. Well, I took a couple of cute pictures that made it look like he was enjoying himself in the snow. It seems he was really just enjoying the part of the outdoors untainted by the snow. He handled himself well until he fell over and his hands touched the ice. He stood paralyzed, screaming for mercy. I think it is so odd because he loves to fish ice out of our drinking glasses and eat it. Anyway, here are the pictures:







This afternoon we went to get Josiah's passport so he can travel to the Virgin Islands this summer. First we had to get his photo taken. When we had Josiah's passport photos taken at the pharmacy, we stumbled across the Valentine candy at 90% off. We purchased some 15 cent heart boxes of chocolate. When we got to the car, Josiah had one box in his hands. I let him hold it, as it was shrink-wrapped in cellophane. I looked over to find that he had gotten the cellophane loose. I wasn't too concerned, but the next time I looked back he had successfully removed the wrapper, opened the box, and started to chow down on a chocolate. The whole bottom half of his face and both hands were covered in chocolate. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me, but we took a picture with Jonathan's cell phone and if we can figure out how to send it to the web, we certainly will. It was INCREDIBLE.

I forgot to mention that there was a slight delay with the photos, as the first pharmacy we went to lost their digital camera. Of course we showed up to the post office right around nap time. I have a knack for being able to coordinate things so poorly. We arrived to the passport room at the post office to find quite a line of people in the waiting room with only one worker. Typical. There was no number system, so we as the customers just had to ask who was last to enter and then memorize who to follow. Josiah charmed the crowd for about 20 minutes, but then he started to melt down. He threw a tantrum that left him writhing on the floor, me sternly telling him "No," and then inconsolable crying as I held him. After 45 minutes of trying to distract an incredibly over-tired, crying child, we were seen. I had, as usual, done my online research and prepared all of the documents beforehand so the process could be expedited. I filled out the forms in advance and had all legal documents in hand when we stepped to the desk. Oh wait, we were at a government facility. Of COURSE it wasn't that easy. The forms I printed offline cut off the bar code on the bottom, and I had to fill them out again. I giggled to myself in unbelief, remembering my trip to the social security office last year. Jonathan and I then proceeded to discuss how excited we are about government-run health care so we can die in the waiting room trying to see a doctor. And I digress. I must say, the worker was incredibly nice and helpful, and we did successfully make it through the process.

We had intentions of eating Chickfila but had to bypass that in order to return home so Josiah could take a nap. That is where we currently stand in time. I am about to upload a few videos from the last few weeks, including once of the snow day yesterday. Be sure to check them out! Also, here are a couple of meal time pictures I have been meaning to post:

Check out the Cheerio in the ear:



1 comment:

CarolynCraddock said...

Callie and Jonathan,

I love reading your blog and seeing your precious son! What a fun little personality he has! Maybe one day we can get together with you guys and Kaitlyn can meet him and they can be buddies!