It is with GREAT joy and a little sadness that we send off our dear friends the Darnells. Mandy is my best friend from nursing school, and she and I have only become closer in the years we have been out of college. Almost every fun event Josiah and I have done this year has included Mandy and Eden. Kevin and Mandy are packing up their sweet one year old daughter Eden and selflessly leaving the comforts of familiarity and community behind to live in the Basque region of Spain. I am of course very joyful for them, though I am very sad to see such a dear friend depart our city. It seems that my very best friends have become quite the world venturers...one in California, one in Texas (until she moves to the Middle East), and now one in Spain. At least we have cool places to visit. Anyway, yesterday we shared a last meal with the Darnells, and Josiah and Eden said their goodbyes. I am convinced it is "see-you-later," because I secretly (ok, not secretly) hope that one day they will fall madly in love and get married and have beautiful, God-fearing children of their own. It's not too much to ask, right?


Josiah, sweet as can be, left Eden with something to remember him by. Watch the video here:
In exchange, Eden left him something to remember her by...their Honda Element. We bought their car from them, and we have REALLY enjoyed it in the one day we have owned it. Thanks, Darnells. We love you and will be praying for you! Check out the Darnell's blog
here.
1 comment:
Oh Callie I'm sorry. You can still stay in touch with your best friends via E-Mail and you could even invite Mandy and your other best friend to join Facebook. As soon as you visit Mandy you'll get to have some cool adventures in Spain. Same thing with whenever y'all go to California and Texas. You still have your friends that are in Georiga. You also have our family friends, your family, Mrs. Rusell, and Jonathan and Josiah. We're not going anywhere for a long time.
Post a Comment