The bare limbs in our backyard were transformed into a Chronicles of Narnia wonderland. The intricacies were so beautiful covered in white.







Fiercely independent, stubborn, and just like his mother...Josiah refused any reason from his seasoned parents on the benefits of boots in the snow. He insisted that he wear his black shoes and absolutely protested his boots. Of course I have been hoping for the day snow came so he could employ his boots for more than a cute picture. I agreed to let him wear his black shoes, and for most of the pictures he is in them. After some time with cold feet and our persistence, Josiah caved and let us put his boots on. He also let us put gloves on him, which is unprecedented territory. He first had to realize just how cold snow is. I think playing today will be smoother, as he will understand the benefits of both.
Jonathan and I joined forces to teach Josiah how to make a snowman. We realized that it has been a long time since either one of us has seen enough snow to make one! The snowman was about 3.5 feet tall, but Josiah refused to stand next to him for a picture.
Hopefully we will have more fun pictures from today's adventures in the snow!

No comments:
Post a Comment