We are T-2 days from Evangeline's birthday, though by her demeanor one would guess it happened 6 months ago. Even we are wondering how she still hasn't graced the doors of two yet. This has got to be one of the funniest stages to hear the conversations that transpire within our four walls. Sometimes the content isn't quite as funny as the conversations themselves. Today, as with every day, we had several conversations with our kids that made us scrunch up our faces and look desperately to each other for some sort of seriousness. Josiah managed to sneak more than one doughnut for an afternoon snack today. When I say sneak, I simply mean he just helped himself without letting us know. When I passed him in the kitchen he said, "Mom, I am very sorry to tell you that I just took the last regular doughnut. I am so sorry." No big deal, I thought. That is, until I decided to investigate and opened the doughnut box and started doing some mental calculations. When Jonathan confronted him and asked him how many doughnuts he perceived he had taken during the course of the afternoon (we believe the most accurate estimate is 4) Josiah seemed perplexed and then suggested, "Uh, I don't know. Seven, maybe?" After a serious conversation about the many implications of eating multiple doughnuts without permission, Jonathan said something along the lines of, "There are going to be serious consequences if you choose to eat 4 doughnuts without asking an adult," to which Josiah replied, "Dad, I said seven." It took everything in us to not break down at his limited understanding that correcting Jonathan's number wasn't going to benefit his cause in any way.
Evangeline started making a whining humming sound as we sat in our living room, and I looked at her and asked, "Evangeline, what's your problem? Why are you whining?" She looked back at me and said, "I'm singing!" She then proceeded with her humming as if she couldn't believe I had asked such a silly question. These things don't sound so funny now that I type them out, but the fact that they are taking place at all is where most of the humor lies.
The baby is continuing to grow, and I am starting to notice subtle differences in the effort it takes for me to get out of a chair or roll over in bed. I am amazed when I watch my belly warp and stretch where she is moving in the secret. It's truly fascinating. I can see a lot more of her movement than I could Josiah's at this stage, which is intriguing. I am 27 weeks pregnant now, but here is a side by side of when I was 25 weeks. Josiah is on the left, current pregnancy is on the right.
Yesterday morning I got a small foreshadow of what the Weegee Brothers have in store for themselves in a few years. Have a look at this video and see what happens when the girls team up for the first time. You might have to watch carefully:
No comments:
Post a Comment