Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Celebrating the beauty to come.

37 Weeks and Counting!

I've continued to find plenty of good things to do while I await this baby #3--you know, sleep 8 hours at night, enjoy having my body to myself (at least after 8pm), eat hot meals, and go to the store.  I've also done my fair share of continued nesting, including deciding it is easier to clean up garden beds and lay fresh mulch at 9 months pregnant instead of as a mom of a newborn.  I am so my mother's daughter.  She was actually at the plant nursery when she went into labor with me.  Am I surprised?  Absolutely not.  However, I made it to the store and back, spread 12 bags of mulch, tamed the jungles of my long forgotten perennial beds, and refreshed my porch pots all without the same effect.  Granted, she was nearly a week over due with me at the time.  Baby or not, I'm very relieved to look out into my back yard and not feel completely sympathetic for the sweet new neighbors who have to look at it, too.  I've tried to stay somewhat vigilant about the house cleaning, as all I could fixate on after I gave birth to Josiah was how I hadn't gotten around to vacuuming my rugs.  For some reason I couldn't handle introducing my sweet new baby to his home in that state.  I'm just weird like that I guess.  It's quite a bit harder this time, as I have two crumb-creating tornadoes that rip through my house on an hourly basis.  I'm trying to keep up and they are enduring my frustration.  So far all parties are surviving my anal retentive behavior, even if reluctantly.

In other news...I LOVE all of the pictures my wonderful best friend took of our family to capture this pregnancy.  Here are some of my favorites:










No comments: