This morning I entered Josiah's room to find him with one foot posed precariously on the top edge of his crib and the other end of his body holding onto the adjacent side of the crib. It was seconds from disaster, I assure you. I told him to get down, and as I pulled him into our bed I mulled (and perhaps pouted) over such a quandary. He is far too young for a toddler bed. He is light-years short of the discipline to actually stay in his bed without a cage encouraging him to do so. I considered my options, limited as they are. I briefly thought of purchasing one of the netting tops that you can secure on the top of the whole crib so it has a domed mesh ceiling, but I am hoping to avoid such a contraption. I can't see that going over too well with Josiah. That being one of two options, I opted for #2--I took the bumper out of his crib to see if that little bit of "step" is what helped him to get into the position of escape. No doubtedly this is only delaying the inevitable, but I am hoping to buy myself enough time that he can developmentally understand how to restrict himself to a bed. Didn't I say that was light-years away? Yes. Okay, so everyone laugh now. I suppose I am really delaying the purchase of one of those awful netted contraptions.
I've been trying to get Josiah's prayer on video tape, but every time he starts to pray he is slightly inhibited by the camera. Who can blame him?? He doesn't pray for show (praise the Lord!) I did get a snippet on camera, and I will upload it soon.
Josiah has quickly risen to spot #3 in the Chickfila photo contest, thanks to the solicitation of votes by many friends and family. Keep the votes coming! The contest runs until August 31st, so we can't lose momentum yet. Thanks to everyone that has already voted, and if you haven't--do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment