Sunday, August 22, 2010

This and that.

We've had a great week! This year I've contemplated rediscovering my creative side. Back in high school my best friend and I would spend the majority of our weekend nights on quests to make some kind of craft. I had a love for anything creative, but especially painting and drawing. College, new job, and then motherhood drained me of the time and creative juices I might have had to produce anything. Now that I feel I have my wits about me somewhat (it only took me three years to recover from the last blow) I decided I might just see what it means to have a hobby. Of course this would happen as we expect #2 any time now (warning: process might be short-lived). Regardless...this week I dug to the back of my storage closet, unearthed my box of paints, blew off the dust, and this is what resulted:
I immensely enjoyed creating again, and now I'm waiting on some inspiration for the next piece. Nap time has taken on a whole new world of possibility for me!

Yesterday we went to a student ministry kick-off and they had a mini petting zoo. Josiah got to enjoy all of the baby animals, but he really just liked the pig. The pig, however, did not want anything to do with a two year old, so their interactions were short lived.


I have always vowed that my child looks just like me and acts just like his father. It is really true. Honestly, I think it is quite a dynamic combination. Of course, I did fall in love with my husband and his charming personality, so I would favor that outcome. Anyway, it is becoming obvious that Josiah shares some of the same interests as his father, too--music being the main one:
I don't think it will be long before he is accompanying his father during more than practice.

We had the pleasure of spending a little bit of time today with my mom and grandparents before they head out of town. I always like to take the opportunity to snap a photo with my very good looking future. I'm so glad to see what my future holds in 30 and 50 years. So is my husband.
You have to admit I am well-fortuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extremely well-fortuned!
Also, I remember the bedroom wall murals :)

Julie said...

Haha, that wasn't supposed to be anonymous ;)