Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a collection of happenings.

I love fall. More specifically, I love how fall equates to fall festivals. I also love having a toddler so I can enjoy fall festivals all over again as a toddler would without feeling embarrassed about it. Last weekend we went to our first festival of the season. They had a petting zoo with baby animals.




Though the animals were fun, the inflatable slide won Josiah's affections as always. He was enthralled that the "Monkey Joes" (as he refers to it) was free and open for his mastery of tricks. I would take pictures to capture the moment, but I have learned that mid-jump photos aren't very flattering ever. So, we will stick with pictures posed with cute baby animals.

Speaking of cute baby animals...
just kidding, Aunt Callie. After our first fall festival we went to meet sweet baby Wells who did in fact "come out of Aunt Callie's belly" (as Josiah would say).

Josiah was excited at the opportunity to hold the baby. Wells was not excited about Josiah's opportunity to hold the baby. Oh well(s). (insert giggle).

After our trip to meet baby Wells we went to fall festival #2.

Josiah got to do several more fun (and free) things, like jump on this! He tried so hard to do flips like the big kids he was studying. Unfortunately, 35 pounds doesn't hold quite enough momentum to complete such feats. A+ for effort, though.

Here is Mr. Handsome dressed up for church. He looked so cute I just had to snap a picture:

Today Josiah and I made caramel/candy apples. I thought it was going to be a fun activity for us to do together. We worked together really well, that is, if Josiah's assigned task was to eat the mini M&Ms like cereal out of the bowl as Mom rolled the apples in them. Everyone ended up happy, so I'm considering it a success.


A few funny Josiah-isms:

1) I often hear, "No way, Hosea!" Close but not quite, buddy. It is hilarious every time I hear it.

2) Today Josiah asked to watch tv while eating his afternoon snack. I told him he could not, as he had already watched some tv in the morning. He started to cry and said, "Mommy, you hurt my feelings." Then, I burst out laughing. Perhaps not the most empathetic move, but I couldn't help it. He is (apparently) starting to explore this idea of "feelings" we have mentioned before. I collected myself and then said, "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but you may not watch tv." After that he seemed reconciled to his defeat and happily ate his strawberries before finding another way to play independently.

Sometimes I look at that child and think, "this is going far too fast."

No comments: