Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowy days.

Sunday night I went to work with an overnight bag packed with two days worth of clothing. My coworkers thought I was crazy. 1 hour later, snow started to fall. 18 hours later, I was still working because no one had been able to come in to relieve me. Women don't stop having babies just because it is snowing outside. After 18.5 hours of work I was able to find an empty hospital bed and lay down for 4.5 hours before starting back to work again. I ended up living at the hospital until Wednesday. The roads were still unpredictable, so I took the train home and walked from the station toward our house. Luckily it's only about 1 mile from our house to the station. Halfway through the journey home a friend picked me up with his van and took me the rest of the way. I was so grateful to take a real shower and get in a real bed...MY real bed. As everyone else was twitching to get out of the house, I was diving in to the bed declaring, "SNOW DAY!" It felt so good to be home. 4 days after the snow started, our backyard is still covered with a thick layer of snowy ice. The driveway is maybe passable, but we don't have significant enough motivation to test it. It has been quite a snow vacation for...most.

Now for a few random, funny Josiah stories.

Josiah has been captivated recently by the concept of getting married. He asks me often why I married Daddy and if I am going to get married again. The other day I told him, "One day when you get really big you will find a girl that you like a whole lot, and you will want to marry her so you can spend the rest of your life with her." His response was, "No, Mommy, I don't need to marry her. When I get big, I just gonna marry you."

The other day Jonathan and Josiah were out playing in the snow. Josiah decided he was finished, so he announced to Jonathan, "I'm going to go in and start lunch." If that wasn't funny enough...Jonathan went inside 20 minutes later. When he quizzed Josiah about the start of lunch Josiah said he had indeed started it. Jonathan asked, "So? What is it?" Josiah's response: "umm...chocolate." Further investigation revealed Josiah had "started" lunch by consuming 3 chocolates and an empty ice cream cone.

Nevermind the fact Josiah's been weaned for a full year...yesterday Josiah started to dig in his pocket as he told me, "Mom, I have a ticket in my pocket for na-nas. Here you go!" He gave me a handful of air in hopes of paying his way back to na-nas.

I'm sure there's one or two more stories I wanted to share, but I'll have to remember them first.

No comments: