1) We LOVE our new house. We feel so blessed for the opportunity to call this home.
2.) After 1.5 weeks we have all systems running (minus the laundry, which is, well, actually pretty essential.) Gas took 5 days, which included the hot water heater--fun! The internet just powered up Tuesday, not that we have really had any time to use it. It is essential for Jonathan's work, so he is no longer reduced to a chair in our otherwise vacant previous house during his "work hours." Definitely a plus.
3) The "project" we commissioned in our living/dining areas that was supposed to be finished before we moved in has taken two weeks so far and is anticipated to resolve by next Wednesday. That means our living room has been dedicated to ladders and Josiah's bike. All other "non-essentials" like, oh, the COUCH, the dining table, and the chairs have been piled into other rooms until all technical difficulties are resolved. It will be worth it, I'm sure. I am quite ready to sit down every once in a while, though.
4) Our daily schedule has been "wake up at 8am, work on the house non-stop, go to bed at 2am. Repeat." That schedule has only been modified on the days I have to "go to work." ha.
5) I have tackled a few large projects already like painting the kitchen (with my mom's assistance) and the guest bathroom. I have also become a master at wall anchor insertion and the use of drills. Before(ish) and after pictures to come sometime in the near future.
6) I still haven't even looked at the pictures from our trip to Seattle. We will probably go again before I get them up for sharing.
7) No baby news. I have appreciated the ability to throw ourselves into unpacking and various projects without a baby to tend to. However, I secretly wish that we would get "the call" tomorrow. We might be the very first couple in our social worker's history to cross the "1 year" mark of waiting with a completed home study. She has assisted in the placement of nearly 200 babies if I remember correctly. A year ago I would have laughed in terror if you told me the journey would be this long and still no sweet daughter in sight. I am reminded we walk by faith and not by sight. Also, faith is an assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. So we walk on...believing she will make it home soon. Until then, I'm sure I can find something to do around this place...
1 comment:
love the summary. I was thinking today at church as they talked about the sebatical you guys are taking about how good God is. If you had planned it, you would have had a much shorter wait for your baby girl and possibly been unprepared, rushed, etc... (unknowingly). As you have said yourself, with God's timing you have moved into your dream house that you were not even looking for and now have this 2 month period to "rest" or possibly "nest" as you set up your house and take time to be with God. Use it girl, use every second he has given you to prepare you and bless you and grow you so that when you precious Evangeline comes home it will be perfectly divine. While you wait though, we will pray.
Post a Comment