Monday, May 2, 2011

Vancouver.

Jonathan and I took a trip to Vancouver, BC for a long weekend. We met up in Seattle after his conference during the week and drove up to Canada. It was pretty fun to take a somewhat spontaneous trip across the U.S. border.

During our two day stay in Vancouver we were satisfied with the amount of things we were able to see. It blew my mind that we could drive 20 minutes up into the mountains to be surrounded by 4 feet (at least) of snow and then return to the coastline where people were meandering on the beach to the Pacific. The city was definitely beautiful, so beautiful that I was almost convinced I could reside there until I realized it was May and I was wearing a jacket and scarf. That's certainly not compatible with my cold nature. We had a wonderful time, and I was truly awe stuck by the beautiful nature surrounding the city. While visiting the forest, I kept looking around thinking it was impossible for the landscaping to be so beautiful. The vibrant green moss and large ferns looked straight out of a fairytale set. I truly thought, "I think heaven probably looks like this...but warmer." I have never been somewhere that captivated me the way this forest did. I tried to take pictures of it, but the beauty and wonder can't be captured on film...so go and then let's talk about it.




This was "Hollow Tree" in Stanley Park. Surprising, I know.

This was Jonathan on one of the suspension bridges. We were about 30 feet off the ground and about 1/4 of the way up the trees.

This suspension bridge was the largest, at 450ft long and 230ft over the river bed.

We had a wonderful time in Vancouver, and then we returned to Seattle for a day. The weather was perfect in Seattle, and I had every intention of sharing Seattle on the same blog. However, this blog has sat untouched in my drafts for a week and the Seattle pictures are still hiding on the camera. Soon enough, though. Thanks for reading!

No comments: