Grandpa Grady brought Josiah a surprise, and this one was grander than any surprise of the past. It was a slip 'n slide. It came with a shark's mouth, too.
The best part was when Josiah became timid at the idea of sliding down it and said, "Mom, I think I need you to teach me." Enter, Mom in bathing suit blasting down the slip 'n slide. Wedgies complimentary. Glad it was in our own backyard. That wasn't enough. Josiah demanded Grandpa Grady demonstrate as well. Now, I won't reveal Grandpa Grady's age, but let's just say that I think he deserves a standing ovation for participating. I think both of us maxed at twice down the runway, but it was enough motivation for Josiah to continue to improve his skills.
The next night at work I was complaining about how bruised my entire left abdomen felt as if I had been working out extensively. It seemed so out of place (because I don't do that...). I started to reflect on my weekend to figure out just what I could have done. Ohh. The ah-ha moment. Thanks, Dad.
Due to unexpected family circumstances, Grandpa Grady's trip was cut short. Josiah cried while saying, "but he is supposed to stay tonight and tomorrow night! But I LOVE my Grandpa Grady!" Everyone was quite sad to see him go, but we hope he will come back to visit soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment