Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pick me!

We have been having fun around this place. How could we not?! Since Ms. Evangeline sleeps so well and didn't leave my body recovering from a delivery...we have found that our bonding time leaves us with extra time for fun. So, she and I have done the typical mother-daughter bonding activities. You know...yard work, building rock retaining walls, and miscellaneous home improvement projects. The usual. It has been fun to get some of these things done with her watching. Jonathan and I have marveled, "how do we have two awesome kids?" The favor of the Lord, I tell you.

Today the boys had laid down for a Sunday afternoon nap in our bed. I slid in next to them, and shortly afterward E started to stir. I went and grabbed her from the crib and slid her in bed with everyone else. She readily snuggled down between her brother and me and closed her eyes again. I looked across at the 3 sweet sleeping faces next to me and thought to myself how splendid my life is. Shortly after that I thought, "wow I'm thankful for this king bed." I, too, snuggled down next to my sweet girl and the four of us napped for a couple of blissful hours. When the kids woke up, Josiah rolled over and threw his arm around his sister, just getting a few more minutes of snuggling in before we got up for a trip to the park. Beauty in the simple moments, I tell you.

Look at those sweet two little teeth!

Yesterday we went to North Georgia for a family day at my brother-in-laws college, then we drove to an apple orchard so Josiah could have the apple-picking experience. He got more than he bargained for, as he was able to milk a real cow, jump on a huge inflatable pillow, and ride tractor bikes. His sister, well, she got to ride in the sling and sip apple cider. More fun soon enough, my dear!

I couldn't resist adding this last photo. How cute is my baby girl?!

No comments: