This is the laugh that makes me feel like everything is right in the world:
A couple more funny Josiah stories, while you are already smiling:
Josiah received a shovel for his birthday from one of his friends. Unconventional, perhaps, but also one of the gifts he was most excited about (I guess we shouldn't be surprised this came from a seasoned mother of 3 boys). Yesterday Josiah wanted to go dig with his shovel in the backyard, so he went out on his adventure. Evangeline and I sat on the porch and watched his efforts. Josiah was working on his hole right in the middle of the green backyard. He kept digging, showing me his shovels full of dirt with great pride before tossing them aside. I eventually asked him what he was going to put back in his hole when he was done. It was becoming a foot hazard in the middle of the baseball field. His response was simple. "Mom, nothing goes in the hole. It is here so PawPaw can look at it. It's just for decoration." Ohh, I get it. Large holes just for decoration. Silly me.
As Josiah laid down for his nap yesterday he grabbed one of Evangeline's pacifiers. Josiah never used a pacifier, so I knew this was more about being like a baby than the pacifier itself. I asked him what he wanted with a pacifier and he matter-of-factly informed me, "Mom, they told me that I am allergic to going to bed, so I just grabbed this pacifier so I could have it and I won't be allergic." Oh. Now that you put it that way...
No comments:
Post a Comment