Thursday, April 26, 2012

big city love.

Saturday morning we had the pleasure of trading one left arm and two pinky toes some money for the privilege of riding on the roads between Philadelphia and Manhattan.  We were staying with our dear friends that live in the heart of Chinatown.  We spent the day meandering around Chinatown, Little Italy, & Soho.  We grabbed some pizza in Little Italy and our friend Jenn kindly offered to take Josiah on a walk while we waited for it.  As they walked off he confidently informed her, "Don't worry, if bad guys come I will just show them THIS!" while simultaneously (and very dramatically) unzipping his hoodie to reveal the Superman emblem that was hiding beneath it.  I about fell out of my chair.  I definitely think I laughed until I cried.

The following day we walked around the south side of the island.  The following picture was the view from Battery Park.  The rest is a photo diary of (most of) our day.

hanging out while brother played during a playground intermission

on the Metro!

on the big rocks in Central Park...Josiah was too busy exploring to agree to a photo

FAO Schwartz big piano


Times Square


New York Cheesecake
From there we met back up with our friends and walked through some more of the city.  We headed back to their apartment for a good night's sleep before our drive to Wilmington, NC.

No comments: