The first week of April Josiah came home from school and said, "Mom! It's Spring Break! Are we going to the beach?" Apparently, he was educated on spring break at school. Unfortunately for him, the answer was, "not this week." However, I made an effort to do fun things throughout the week. On Monday, we joined the zoo. As in, paid for the opportunity to go in and out for the next year. It was horrendously crowded, but we just picked a few exhibits and saved the rest for non-spring break weeks.
On Thursday evening, Jonathan and I divided forces with the kids and Josiah came with me to the hair salon while Evangeline went to show houses. When we were in the car it occurred to me that when I am with only one child it is always Evangeline. Otherwise, I have both. The car ride made me realize that I should carve out time for my little man outside of his sister's naps and bedtime, so we made the impromptu decision to go on a date. We grabbed dinner and went to see the Lorax at the theater. He had a fabulous time with just mommy, and ever since he has been asking when we get to go on a date again.
On Friday, we joined up with our cousins to visit a therapeutic play place. It was a lot of fun. Josiah's favorite part was the zip-line that ended over a ball pit. It wasn't a week at the beach, but it was a good one:)
No comments:
Post a Comment