We discovered one of the last standing diving board pools in Atlanta. Josiah thought such things were only in dreams. He promptly impressed all of the pool goers with his front flips. It was pretty impressive to see a four year old do that, if I do say so myself.

Josiah got a surprise trip to the Disney store to buy the Buzz Lightyear suit he had been saving for all summer.

We got to meet my best friend's new baby Charleston.

Josiah started pre-K. This is the first year he has gone 5 days a week, which was a small shock to everyone's system. Luckily, he only goes 9-12, so we still get to spend a good portion of the day for him. Luckily for him (who am I kidding, and me), he doesn't have to run errands ever anymore, as it affords me the opportunity to get it done in the mornings. He has been eager to voice his approval of this new way of life, informing me, "Because I hate stores." Yes, Josiah. I know that by now.


We purchased a new set of twin-full bunk beds for the kids and eliminated their separate beds. It has been fantastic. They love the beds, and the new comfortable mattresses have helped them sleep soundly all night (most nights). Somehow we have finally, after 4.5 years, hit a groove with pleasant bedtimes. Both kids are in bed by 8 and neither complains often about going to sleep. It is miraculous, honestly. I feel as if we have triumphed so much to have them both fall asleep simultaneously in the same space. It's also really cute to hear them giggle at each other on the nights it takes them a little longer to settle down. It's been an arduous road at times, but heres to an unwavering future of easy bedtime routines...(in my dreams, maybe). Here's evidence it doesn't always work...
And a few random photos from the month:






1 comment:
Priscilla just got that baby for her birthday and she LOVES it. Love seeing your great family on line. We should do that sometime in person too....not just when I need a sitter!
Post a Comment