Today is the kind of day that I could sleep all day. I actually would have, if it weren't for having a 13 month old. It is rainy, and I am deeming it a "don't leave your pajamas day" for the both of us. Well, at least until after noon. Currently, Josiah is playing with his toys on the floor while I, snuggled up on the couch, attempt to keep my eyes open. I'm not quite sure why I feel so incredibly tired. I got a full night's rest, and Josiah slept until 8am, which is a rarity. I am looking forward to his morning nap, even though I didn't actually leave my bed until 9:30.
Yesterday I had finished serving Josiah his dinner and was putting some things back into the refrigerator when he came up behind me. He loves the opportunity to get into the refrigerator, and he always manages to pull out the same items. His favorite item is the bottle of grenadine, conveniently located on the door shelf at his height. I reached down to combat his attempt to get the grenadine when I realized he was reaching for something else entirely. I looked down to see what it was and was surprised to see a remote control neatly stocked in my refrigerator along with the other condiments. I let him grab it, of course, and closed the door laughing out loud. I am not quite sure when the remote got put there, as it isn't one we use often, but I am sure that thanks to Josiah it didn't lose its freshness.
Later in the evening I was preparing him for bed, adjusting his blanket and bumper in his crib when I noticed something sticking out from behind the crib bumper. I pulled it out and found his baby toothbrush, an item I had looked for for a couple of days before finally surrendering and sending Jonathan to purchase a new one. I had no idea where it had gone, so I had assumed that I left it at some point on our journey home from Thanksgiving, though I clearly remembered packing it away. Seems someone else tucked it away for extended nighttime use. Now we have a spare, should one disappear again.
We are really having a problem lately with Josiah unplugging things from the wall. All of the sudden our lamps or heaters will go out. I am going to have to purchase these covers that essentially prevent children from accessing the plugs to be able to pull them out. I find it amusing that at some point we thought we wouldn't have to have so much sophisticated baby-proofing equipment, but now we realize we are parents to a boy. Oh yeah. They get into everything. Speaking of which...I hear quite a commotion of pots in my kitchen, so I better go investigate.
No comments:
Post a Comment