Sunday, December 7, 2008

plastic Baby Jesus and other fun things.

Today I had to tape our printer shut because Josiah has learned how to reach up inside of it, open two doors, and remove the ink cartridges. It is a lot of fun. In theory, the tape will work, but he has been known to move past such simple barriers before. We welcomed some friends into our home unexpectedly, and I felt much obliged to apologize for our personal tornado. Lately, Josiah's favorite thing is to pull my hairdryer around the house like a dog on a leash. Oddly, he really likes the hairdryer. He isn't too particular, though, because he also got his hands on a battery charger and dragged it around the house in the same fashion this afternoon. Jonathan made a very profound statement to me in the midst of it when we were giggling at Josiah pull the charger behind him. He said, "It's pretty fun, you know?" I thought to myself, "you're right. This is pretty fun." Honestly. It really isn't a big deal to pick up everything you own at the end of each day and put it back where it belongs. It is really fun to watch what he will discover next. I was cleaning up Josiah's dinner tonight and he lugged out a pot, flipped it over, and began beating in it like a drum and chuckling to himself. WHY would I think that wasn't amazing?

He is really into his bike that Nana Rich gave him for his birthday. The bike in itself is amazing because the rocker part folds up to be a push handle for mom and dad, but currently we have it in "rock" mode around the house. He has learned to climb up on it all by himself and rock back and forth for quite some bit of time. He has also learned to hold onto the handles and stand up in the seat and proceed to rock, but I don't surprised I should really be surprised at this point. Here are a couple of pictures of him sitting on the bike:






I took some pictures of our Christmas decorations. You will notice how bare the bottom of the tree has become. I walked into the office yesterday and found the bottom string of garland strewn across the floor. I said something to Jonathan about it and he said, "oh that happens at least twice a day." All of the bottom ornaments are now higher on the tree or on the floor somewhere. Such is life.



This is our pride and joy: Our African American nativity. Jonathan and I purchased this after the season three years ago and we have anxiously awaited the day that we had our own yard to put it in. We are SO glad to be able to display it this year! We are also glad to have a version that looks less Americanized white Jesus and more legitimate Middle Eastern Jesus. They don't really look very African American, just Middle Eastern. I am so scared someone is going to steal my Baby Jesus because it is amazing. Hopefully everyone can respect him without wanting him.

No comments: