Sunday, May 17, 2009

oh...no.

Today something tragic and equally hilarious happened. I was holding Josiah and told him something he didn't want to hear, so he hit me on the chest. I told him, "No! You don't hit Mommy." and put him down. He looked up at me as if he was going to test the boundaries and slapped the table. I stared him down for a few seconds and just when my fierceness was getting through to him...Josiah pointed his finger at me, scowled, and said, "no!" Gasp. I had to mask my desire to fall to pieces laughing. Shortly after that event we went to church, but when we came home Mr. Terrible "No" Toddler peeked through the mouth of my sweet baby boy. If he didn't like something I was doing or something I wouldn't allow him to do he pointed that finger at me again and said, "No!" Oh my. I looked right back and him and said, "Yes." Luckily, he still knows who is boss around here and it certainly isn't him. Now, I must say that it is really funny and I have this dreadful feeling that it won't be funny in the coming weeks and months, but today I got a good kick out of it. He is still testing it out--seeing how to use it appropriately and using it as a new tool to express how he feels about certain things. Fine by me, as long as he still does what I say.

Today we stumbled upon some great free entertainment. I was about to walk into Target, and on a whim I peeled over to the adjacent pet store first. I took Josiah on a tour of the pet store animals, and it was 10 minutes well spent. He really liked the ferrets and of course, the cats. It was a nice treat for him before complying with the Target shopping cart. We will be doing that more often. Speaking of which...who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Paw Paw learned how to upload pictures from his phone and I specifically asked for these:


These were taken during a zoo trip back in the fall, and apparently the top one was taken right before Josiah learned that goats, contrary to popular belief, do not like it when babies bite their ears. So awesome.

That's about all I've got tonight. I'm sure that this week will hold many more.

No comments: