So that whole "uploading 10 videos" thing was derailed when YouTube kept telling me error, so currently, there should be 4 videos up and the list is growing. I honestly have 12 when it is all said and done. The very last video will be of watermelon, for the record.
On Sunday, Josiah learned to check the microphone at church. It was AMAZING. He leans into the mic and says, "Check, check!" He got his second molar yesterday, which meant he was more fussy than usual. It stands in stark contrast to today, when he has been hilariously chipper. He has jumped around the house and giggled all day long. He has had some gas at meal time, and he has found it to be quite funny. He makes a surprised face and then giggles about it. Then, I can see him straining to make it happen again. Because, afterall, it's funny.
We have found him climbing on just about anything--which also means everything. Surprisingly, he can pull himself up onto a lot of high objects. He knows what he is supposed to climb on and he also knows when to surrender quickly because he knows better. I was a little startled today when I told him "no, get down" and he did, looked at me, and swatted his own hand. I just stared back at him, trying to assess if it was intentional, and when I didn't do anything he came over to me and swatted my hand as well. It led me to reevaluate our discipline measures. We have a newly established timeout corner, and being stuck in that corner for a minute and half seems to make some kind of impact. He's visited it a couple times in the last couple of days. We're just praying for wisdom on how to discipline appropriately for his age. Today our office desk was christened with its very first marker streak. Luckily the desk is a garage sale special. If this is the only thing that gets by us, we will be lucky. Oh the times. Well, back to playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment