Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer lovin'...having a blast.

On Monday I took Josiah to "Babyhurst," known more properly as the neighborhood pool so close to us.  The pool lived up to its nickname, as the majority of the pool is 2 feet and under and filled with parents and children under the age of 5.  The pool has a zero entry area, some fun fountains that squirt into the air, and an expansive shallow area.  It also has two lap lanes that extend to 4.5 feet. We had a great time, and I scoped out all of the pool toys before deciding which ones we might like most.  The next day we went out to the dollar store and picked up an elephant watering can, a bucket with shovel, and some hard plastic dinosaurs that will be fun to retrieve off the bottom of the pool and put on the ledge.  Now we just have to go back!

Josiah has started a few amazingly cute habits.  If he wonders where something is, he will gesture up with his hands quizzically and say, "Go??" with his eyebrows arched in question.  Translation-"Where did it go?"

SOMEBODY in the family, (ahum, Mom) taught him how to "burp the baby."  Now on command Josiah can burp the baby, which entails him banging on his chest a few times before forcing a fake burp.  It is 100% hilarious.

This morning I was in the bathroom and heard a puddle forming on my wood floor in the living room.  I was afraid we had left out a cup of water last night, but was surprised to round the corned and find Josiah standing startled.  Apparently his diaper had come unlatched on one side, completely exposing his genitalia for combat.  That puddle forming had come straight through his pajama bottoms.  He was looking at me as if he was paralyzed.  It makes me think we are closer to potty training than I thought.  I had to clean him and the floor up, all the while wondering how many times I am going to have to do the same thing in the near future.

Now I must go because the amazing person I call my son is ready for us to do something exciting with our morning.

No comments: