From left to right: Rhyan, Laurel, Lucas, and Josiah
You probably will recognize all of their names, because I was at all of their births! I am so privileged--honestly.
This is the picture I have been waiting for...Laurel, who is 3.5 months and Rhyan, at just over 1 month side by side. 6lbs at birth and 9 lbs 7 oz at birth...can you tell??
After church, Jonathan and I took Josiah to eat some pan-Asian food at one of our favorite restaurants. He insisted on using his chopsticks, too, and this is what came of it:
Yes, that is our child eating calamari. He's so sophisticated.
The next day Paw Paw came to play for the day. We went to eat sushi for lunch (I really am feeding this child these foods...minus the raw fish parts)
Then, we had a classic summer day in the backyard. It all started with Josiah playing with the sprayer on the hose...
then I had the brilliant idea to put our sprinkler head on the hose and let him at it. Can anyone spell F-U-N??? Of course, no good summer day is complete without a treat (popsicle).
We had such a blast. I uploaded a video of him sticking his head into the sprinkler...he is so funny. He was so cold, but he would run away from us when we offered the towel because he thought it meant that play time would be over. Today as I was spreading some new pine straw Josiah picked up the sprinker head and brought it to me asking for "water." It was close to bath time so I turned it on and let him soak right on through his clothes. He absolutely loves it. Today he was a bit bolder, holding his head and body in the streams longer. I can tell that this is only the beginning.
Last week I decided I was tired of the mothers of my 17 year old patients telling me I looked too young to be a mom...or asking me, "now what did you say your title is again?" as if it was impossible I was indeed old enough to be the actual nurse. In an effort to drop the baby face (among other reasons) I had my long locks chopped right on off. Since Josiah's birth my hair has gotten quite wavy, and rather than fight it with the long style I decided to have it cut in a way I can embrace the awkward wave. I am very pleased with it--thanks to my wonderful friend Maura who cut it!
No comments:
Post a Comment