On Monday we had the wonderful privilege of joining our friends Carrie and Morgan for a trip to the zoo! Josiah loved it. He's really into declaring "that's a-MA-zing," which he did his share of when we saw his favorite animals. When we first arrived he really wanted to see the giraffes and the monkeys. We ate a picnic lunch and then did the unprecedented...we RODE the train. I suppose with his passion for trains it seems mildly negligent that I haven't taken him on a train ride before now, but he didn't seem to hold a grudge as we chugged around the 3 minute long track. After that we went on the carousel. I haven't seen his face light up with so much delight ever before. His eyes glittered with excitement as he went up and down and round and round. That experience was a lot of fun for both of us. After the carousel we scooted over to the petting zoo, where Josiah had a good time with the goats, though he was so intrigued by the train track right next to goat pen that he would rush to the fence any time he thought the train was about to pass. I later asked him what his favorite animal was, to which he replied, "the train." Uhh...not what I was going for, but really a funny and genuine answer. Thanks Carrie and Morgan for such a fabulous day!


Riding on the train for the first time
the sun came out and our stylish kids both wanted to wear their sunglasses...
this was the true perk of the petting zoo...watching the train.


No comments:
Post a Comment