The other night we arrived at a hotel room and as I was settling things in Josiah was playing. He was playing in one corner a little too long, so I rounded the corner to find him trying to use the keys...in the OUTLET! Gasp, I dashed forward to witness him pull the key out of the outlet and watch it spark. Yes, it really did spark. Apparently, this is the reason I have those plastic things in my outlet holes. And apparently, YES, I need them. I took the keys away of course. This was just the first (but luckily the worst) lesson in adjusting to hotel room stay.
Jonathan looked at me today and said, "This week has been my favorite week ever as a dad." He was referencing how cool Josiah has gotten in the last few days. We are both in agreement; the last couple of days have been different for our little comedian. He is SOO cool!
He is completely fascinated with balls of any type. He points them all out, large and small, from the acorns on the ground and the bolt heads in the picnic table to the decorations at the entrance of Target. He is also 100% entranced by basketball. He loves to watch boys shoot hoops, and he has taken a new interest in the goals. When we went on a walk with my mom the other day he pointed out every goal in the neighborhood. I even had the guts to disregard him at one point because I didn't see the goal at first, but he was correct, there was indeed a goal in the yard. He is currently referring to them as "ba ball," though the goals often get looped in with the "ball"s themselves. Today we were at a church with goals pulled up out of the way. He found a clementine a kid left on the floor and proceeded to stand under the goal that was a good 25 feet over the floor, trying to figure out how he could get the "ball" through the hoop. Hilarious? yes.
Also hilarious and on the fringe of appropriate...Josiah surprised me the other day when he picked up a bra off my bedroom floor, held it up to me and declared, "na-na." I laughed, as he clearly knew that the bra is what covers the "na-na." Today he handed me the nursing cover and declared "na-na!" He wasn't requesting na-na, he was simply stating that they belonged together. He can distinguish na-na's accessories, which is funny and should maybe be disturbing---but isn't.
Now is when I realize that notes inside a diaper are only good if you get up and look at them. Unfortunately, I am too tired to do that so the current list will have to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment