Saturday, March 5, 2011

Ho-quarium ad-ben-ture.

Yesterday Josiah and I ventured to the aquarium with PawPaw. We had a great time, though Josiah did "speed tour" mode the whole time. We had to convince him to stick around exhibits to observe a while. I suppose that's what we can expect from a three year old. His favorite seemed to be the penguins and the large, funny looking disk fish that I still don't know the name to. Helpful, I know.



These were PawPaw and my favorite...the sea dragons!

Today I went to my favorite consignment sale that happens twice a year. It is where I buy the majority of Josiah's clothes for the upcoming season. This time last year, it is also where I bought my first items for my baby girl. I brought them home and praised God for the daughter to come and asked Him to hasten the day she came home. It never crossed my mind that I would be returning a year later for more things without her at home. Two weeks ago, I thought I would be shopping with a little baby in arms. Needless to say, after Thursday I didn't feel like buying anything "girl" this time. However, I made myself. It was a personal declaration to myself that I am still standing on the promise of a daughter that will come home soon. I bought a few things for her, but this was the most important one:
I can't imagine a statement more perfect on an outfit for my baby. I actually enjoyed picking out girl things today, as always. They are so much cuter than boy clothes!

My blog book arrived today, and I am very pleased with the outcome! I used blurb.com and found that I really liked the editing capabilities they offered. Here is Josiah holding the 170 page finished product!

No comments: