Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chats at home.

Jonathan and I have been marveling at the next grown-up phase as Josiah nears 4. We have also been quite entertained by conversation, such as when Jonathan used an "unapproved" word that Josiah has been encouraged to drop from his own vocabulary. Don't worry, this child is the word police as long as it isn't coming out of his own mouth. He told Jonathan, "Don't say that! You have time out when we get home. I am tired of that word." We about died when he said the last phrase with such disgust and exhaustion.

Two days ago Josiah came in to nap with me and I said something wasn't cool. In a very distressed voice he informed me, "but Mom, I am NOT too cool for school." Apparently, his dad had used the phrase as a compliment and literal interpretation by the 3 year old left him distressed at the thought. I giggled as we settled down for our nap.

Yesterday I was reading nearby when Josiah woke up from his nap. He rolled over, still half asleep and declared, "Mom, I need to tell you something." I entertained his request, as he made the statement sound epic. I was interested to hear what he was going to say since he still wasn't cognizant. He stated, "I am so excited that (my baby sister) is coming home very soon." We have no such information, so this caught me by surprise. I laughed and probed him some more. He informed me she is coming home "in the fall." I don't even know if he understands what that means, but he decided that's when. I smiled, hoping he stands correct. Then, he asked if we could please, please take her in the hot tub when we go visit a mountain cabin this winter. See? Always entertaining.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I love it! Hot tubs are important, Callie! ;-)

Jill Locklear said...

never doubt your little prophet! That is so cool. I will pray for discernment, hope, peace, and rest as you wait!