Top 3 Things I've been meaning to blog on:
1) The Pacifier protest: Josiah has decided that he no longer likes the pacifier. Ever. This is new as of last week. Flesh only, please. That leaves hands, breasts, and the occasional chin. Yes, I said chin. For some reason he thinks gumming my chin is an entertaining act.
2) Hairy situations #2: For about a month now, my hair has been falling out like crazy. This is a normal event as the pregnancy hormones finally start to wear off, but it is unbelievable that I still have any hair left on my head. I dread taking a shower because I know I will clog the drain multiple times and struggle awkwardly with hair that won't come off of my hands. I didn't realize my hair had gotten so thick, but apparently it did.
3) Josiah has forgotten how to play on his back. If we put him down on his back, he promptly swings his legs to the side and flips to his belly. He will play on his belly until he gets frustrated that his body isn't coordinated enough to move to toys out of reach, then he starts to cry. He will lay on his belly and cry, so we flip him over thinking, "Surely he is tired of playing on his belly and has forgotten how to roll back over." As soon as I flip him over he rolls back to his belly. It is so funny to watch his determination to be on his stomach. It reminds me of the inflatable clowns that have a weight in the bottom so they won't fall over when you punch them. Don't worry, we aren't punching the kid. It is still entertaining.
In other news, we have been packing and moving our stuff into our "flip" house. There is so much to say about that, and it is time for bed, so for now I will stick to the basics: this is what we have been doing for the last couple of days and will be doing slowly over the next couple of weeks. Big changes for our family! So--bedtime!
1 comment:
Hey if it makes you feel any a piece of my hair will fall out ever now and then. Good luck with moving into your new house. Don't tell me where you got "Movin' on up to the East side." from. Let me guess. The Jefferson's theme song right? And about Josiah not rolling over onto his back any more. It's just a phase. He'll get over it. I took a Child and Parenting class in high school. That's how I know so much about being a mom even though I don't have any kids.
Post a Comment