Josiah and I started our day at Noni and PawPaw's house. We spent the last couple of days visiting with them. Of course the precious boy was lathered in attention and smiles...and he didn't walk away empty handed, either. He got his very first pair of keys...which really are just some chunks of plastic that he enjoys wailing through the air to hear them clap together. Boy as boy can be, he has taken to hitting himself in the head with these and other hard toys, but he doesn't seem fazed even though red spots appear from the continuous beating. After long spurts I finally just take the toy away, fearing the marks might stay and someone might dare think that I caused them myself. So far they have faded after a couple of minutes of relief.
Before we left their house this morning I watched in fascination as Josiah had a poop blow-out session. He had just finished eating and I sat him up to burp. Instead, he started to "burp" out the other end with so much force that I watched his onesie flap with the vibration. Right now you probably think I'm joking, but the amazing part is I am not. Visible vibration. For a good 20 seconds, I was able to watch his outfit vibrate as the yellow spot appeared and spread. I haven't seen something so funny in a while.
We ran a lot of errands today, and when we finally arrived home at 3pm, we were ready to play. We sat in the bedroom where the sunshine was coming through the window and played and practiced rolling over. For the first time, Josiah pushed up with his arms and pulled his whole chest up off of the ground and supported his weight on his hands. It was fleeting, but as with all of his skills, I know he will gradually make it part of his normal routine. Also new--Josiah has just started getting his feet up under himself, and even though he is probably months away from crawling, he is starting to figure out the position. He can get his knees up under himself, but he leaves his torso on the floor. I will be posting a video of this new party trick once I find the memory card reader (I think it must be with Jonathan...).
Along with that video, I will be posting one of Josiah's encounters with my mom's overly friendly papillion. He made the funniest faces as she greeted him. He was a little bit bewildered and disgusted with her kisses, and it showed on his face!
This afternoon we went to the park with our neighbors (Anastasia is 15 months old). We had a good time watching her play and an even better time getting in the swing for the first time! Josiah just barely fits in the swing, but he did a good job sitting up in it. He giggled with glee as I ate at his toes when he swung forward, and I got so tickled listening to him get so worked up. We will definitely be going to the swing more often, as it was a big hit!
1 comment:
Sounds like ya'll had fun. That is pretty funny and a little bit gross. When Josiah pooped and you probably picked up Good Vibrations. You get it? 'Cause Josiah's onsie flapped from the vibration of his pooping and as in The Beach Boys song "Good Vibrations". Goldie and Barney are overly friendly to. Sounds like Goldie, Barney, and Tootsie would get along just fine. I love you Callie.
Post a Comment