Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gone bananas.

Today was the first day of bananas, and they were a hit. Josiah ate a whole banana (minus a bite for Daddy). It is the most solid food he has ever eaten at once. Now that it is 10:45pm, I am thinking that probably it isn't a good idea to douse the kid in a food he hasn't had before, since the whole point of "gently" introducing foods one at a time every three days is in case they have an allergy. Oh, no. Sleep deprived Callie was just pumped that he kept eating and shoveled the whole mashed banana right on in. Luckily, he seems to be just fine.

My dad is here visiting for the weekend, and Josiah has quickly befriended him again. He was 6 weeks old at our last visit. Josiah is approximately 2 times larger now. We are having a great time together, and I already know the visit is too short.

Josiah is VERY into standing up. He hasn't mastered pulling up completely unassisted, but he sure does light up when someone helps him take a few steps. This whole "mobile" thing is a slippery slope. I can already tell. For some reason, I am still loving every minute. That is a liberating feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.