Josiah has his first bout of diaper rash. Just the reddness wouldn't alarm me, but he has raised vesicles, and it seems to have appeared overnight. I poured over the baby books, trying not to freak out and think my child has some kind of foot and mouth disease (even though after receiving the reassurance of the books, I still have a freakish mom tendency to over-obsess about it). It seems it could be caused by something irritating in his diet, or the fact that I tried a new type of diapers as of yesterday, or perhaps because he is teething. I had decided that we would just change his diaper frequently, apply the diaper rash ointment, and see if it cleared, but when I changed his diaper again I wimped out, retreated to the more expensive diaper, and concluded that surely economy isn't worth my baby's bottom. Once we get it to clear I will resume this diaper trial, and if his bottom gets irritated again we will surely know that Pampers are indeed the best choice.
Avocados didn't go over so well today. Actually, this is the first time that he made an awful face, acted like he was gagging, and then refused to open his mouth again. He flat out wouldn't partake. After a few more attempts (and his refusal to close his mouth around that green goodness), we retreated to the peaches. He proceeded to eat his fill. I had heard that other babies really liked avocados, so I was surprised when he took such drastic protest measures. Apparently, I will be making some homemade guacamole for myself in the next couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment