When my dad visited he commented, "You know your kid is going to think his name is 'Buddy.'" He elaborated on how often he hears us call Josiah "Buddy" in the videos. I laughed, agreed that it is a pretty popular pet name for him, and moved on. That is, until tonight at dinner Josiah was looking over the edge of his highchair into oblivion and I said, "Hey Buddy," and he whipped his head up quickly and looked at me expectantly. Jonathan tested it again, and sure enough, he knew himself to be 'Buddy.' I then quickly tested him to make sure he responded equally to Josiah. Whew. Now Jonathan is calling him 'Buddy Josiah' for kicks.
We never planned on calling our baby 'Buddy.' I don't think it is the kind of thing you can plan, really. Regardless, of all the potential names we could have planned beforehand (Jonathan was a fan of 'Spike'...), this is his.
No comments:
Post a Comment