As seems to be the theme of my life...so much to say and so little time to give.
Luckily, I woke up for the first time at 5:38am when the munchkin decided it was time to eat...and then again at 6:48 when it was time to get up...and then again at 7:20 when the playpen was covered in poop and it was no longer fun to play in it.
Last week I found myself in my kitchen scrubbing the playpen floor at 7:15am, after a poop ended up more in the playpen than the diaper. After that experience I went out and bought sheets for the playpen, one of which saved me this morning.
Now we sit in Josiah's bedroom, and as I type he pulls things off shelves, throws them to the floor, and declares, "uh oh!" This trend is really killing any aspirations I had of keeping a tidy home.
He is such a little man now--moving around and getting to whatever he wants, jabbering at his toys, using one word appropriately. One thing hasn't changed...he still loves the boob more than most things in this world. Jonathan claims that I have an unfair advantage, but truly they are a survival mechanism. So much comfort, settling, band-aids, and extra sleep lies in my chest. I have no shame in admitting it. It will be a sad day when their reign comes to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment