These are a couple of videos we took last week while at a youth summer camp with Jonathan. It was on a lake in South Carolina, and the "beach" was actually the shore to the lake. It made us SO excited to take him to the real beach in a couple of weeks. I am convinced he is the perfect age to discover it!
This video speaks for itself.
It seems in the last week Josiah has "grown up" in his mind. This morning, Jonathan and I were discussing it. He is so attentive, so expressive, and very eager to discover. He quickly darts around our house, going places that he never had the courage or desire to discover before now. The other day he opened our pots and pans cabinet and pulled out a couple of pans. I think he was surprised when I handed him a spoon and showed him how to bang on them, rather than putting them back away. This morning he had darted out to the living room to see what kind of exotic things he could find left over in the living room from last night after he went to bed (ie- remotes within reach, open cabinets, various small items on the coffee table). I followed, picked up a few toys to lure him back to his bedroom, and he studied me as I passed, very obviously assessing what objects I had and whether it was worth following. It was, apparently, because he made a 180 and followed suit.
We always keep the bathroom door closed, as it is his favorite place to sneak to. At first he really liked the edge of the tub...then he discovered the cabinets...now he is interested in all of the above and the newly fascinating toilet and trashcan--obviously all baby hazards. Always want what you can't have. It starts young.
No comments:
Post a Comment