Wednesday, July 2, 2008

yes.

So many things to say...this is going to sound a little loquacious.

On our way home from our walk today, we (I) saw a mother hawk with something in her talons. I paused and studied her. She was beautiful with her spotted chest and sleek movements. She hopped from limb to limb, assessing our intentions, all the while holding a limp baby chipmunk in her grip. I was struck with sadness and fascination simultaneously. One mother loses so another can provide. I still haven't made sense of it, minus the whole "circle of life" deal.

(no segway possible, here)

A least once a day we have someone approach us and say to Josiah, "I love your hair!" or to us, "His hair is great!" (translation: your child's hair is crazy beyond measure.) In order to prove that 1)Our child is indeed blessed with the best natural hair-do a baby can buy and 2) Contrary to popular belief, we do not style his hair to its usual status, I have taken two pictures. Behold:

Exhibit A: Josiah's neatly combed hair right after a bath:


Exhibit B: 30 minutes later once his hair has dried:


Yesterday we trekked to the country to visit some of our best friends who recently had a baby. Addison is two weeks old now, and the last time I posted pictures of Josiah with a girlfriend, she was the newest one to arrive. Well, here is Addison, who is now older than the newest girl, Peyton. (Yes, we have known 5 babies born in June, all five of which have been girls...and two girls to come in late August).



Here are some pictures I forgot to post over the last couple of weeks. Josiah enjoying his baby pool:

Sunning his bum:


Last week I came home from work one morning to find the boys like this:


Seems it was a hard, early morning.

Another picture of Mr. Crazy Hair:


Waiting to get in the bath: (I think he enjoys this more than the bath itself)

No comments: