Saturday, August 2, 2008

a new word.

So today our bathroom door got jammed...with a guest inside. I had to crawl through the window, try to help, and then we both had to crawl out. A couple more crawls in and out between Jonathan and me, and we had to resort to completely taking the door off the hinges. It was a spectacular use of an hour. Now our door is propped in the bathroom, and its guts are spread out for Jonathan to analyze.

HOWEVER...when all of our company left, they were all waving bye to Josiah and chorusing, "Bye Bye!" Josiah listened to them for a minute, looked back at them, and said, "Ba ba!" Jonathan and I looked at each other with really wide eyes, communicating, "Did you hear what I just heard?!" It was amazing! So the vocabulary has expanded from Mama and Uh-Oh to include Bye Bye. It seems impossible for him to accomplish such feats. Simple life is truly amazing.

I figured out that the vegetable apathy may be due in part to operator error. I served his peas cold today and he ate more...that is, until I let him have some peaches and he chose to devour those instead. He wouldn't take any more peas afterward. Anyway, we will try cold vegetables from now on under the assumption that he didn't like them warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your bathroom door Callie. Jonathan's a handy man like Dad was. Speaking of Dad is it cool if I tell Josiah what Dad was like when he's older? Could I also please show him pictures of Dad and old home movies of Dad. Love you. Thank-You for having us over. See ya'll either at the Oyster Roast or next summer. Josiah's growing up right before our eyes and he's a cutie.