Wednesday, August 20, 2008

toilet paper and family fun.

The more mobile Josiah becomes, the less time I find available to sit down and document what he is doing. Currently, he is down for his morning nap, and I decided to negate my morning chores to actually have a word or two for the blog.

Josiah's teeth count is now at four, with the second top tooth about to break the surface. I am glad, because only one top tooth looks a little goofy. Josiah is very into climbing now. He isn't too particular about what it is he climbs, as long as it is something on which he can test his gymnastics skills. Stairs are of course a favorite, and I am very glad that there is a door to keep our stairs out of sight and mind. Apparently he spent the better part of two hours on my parents' stairs, and when we accompanied Jonathan to the church he does youth work with, we found the 30 stair staircase provided plenty of entertainment. He crawled up it three times, and then when we left he was asleep before I even cranked the car. He is also mastering the "over, under, and through" concept, so at Jonathan's aunt's house, he was tilting his head and army crawling under the chair cross bars.

Our bathroom door always stays shut now, as the trashcan and drawers are no longer the point of envy. The toilet and toilet paper are the newest rage. Obviously, the toilet isn't really made for curious hands to take a dip, but Josiah thinks that rule is over rated. He does his best to splash around in it as well as open and close the lid--usually trapping a few fingers in the process. Here is what clued me into this new stage of discovery:




This is what I saw when I looked down from blow-drying my hair the other day. I rolled what I could back onto the roll, and the crumpled part I put in the drawer for my own use. haha.


This last weekend we got together with all of Jonathan's extended family. We tried to get a picture of the three babies again, but it was nearly impossible. This was the best we got.

No comments: