Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feeling antsy.

I'm feeling somewhere in between moderate and good today, though I woke up feeling worse than yesterday.

Last night Jonathan and I had about 150 unwanted house guests. Apparently, they were trying to take advantage of our lowly status of keepers of the king. Who am I talking about? Ants. On Monday I found ants gathered around Josiah's highchair and placemat, and though my fever was beginning to climb, I tediously smashed every ant and found the reason they came to visit: a stray blueberry that was lost under a piece of paper. It was incredibly frustrating and I made myself and Jonathan promise to be diligent about cleaning up every piece of food Josiah left.

Last night I rushed Josiah off for a bath, as he was at his meltdown point, and when I came back Jonathan had cleaned up dinner like the fantastic husband he is. Unfortunately, he had forgotten to clean up Josiah's mess. Three hours later as we were preparing for bed, I turned on the kitchen light to find that SOMEHOW--in a mere three hours time--150 ants had gotten word that Josiah had made a mess again.

This time Jonathan and I Lysoled them together, making the task much easier but nonetheless frustrating. There was a steady stream of them marching from under my back door the 7 feet over to the table. Apparently, kiwi and sweet potatoes are really that good. I still hven't figured out how they got so many buddies in on the meal so fast, but we have certainly learned our lesson. There is no grace period for the rule: NO food left at Josiah's seat. Oh the joys of learning what it means to have a little man.

No comments: