Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Goodbye, bat wings. It's been a good ride.

Today, in a moment of objectivity, I decided it was time for Josiah's batwings to go. So he got a hair cut. A mild one. I have never felt as daring as when I was approaching my active child's head with sharp scissors attempting to create something that wouldn't be disasterous. I think I did a pretty good job. Apparently, I misunderstood Jonathan's wishes, because he was pretty distraught when he arrived home. However, I feel confident the bat wings will grow back if given the chance. For now, here is our little boy:




Josiah is in love with blueberries, of course, now that they are going out of season and cost half a fortune. He loves them so much that he started crying and fussing today when he thought that the purple grapes were blueberries I was intentionally withholding from him. I cut up the grapes and let him try them, but he wasn't convinced. I ended up having to move him away from the sight since he thought I was jipping him. Jonathan bought more at Costco this afternoon, and he promptly ate them one after another until he couldn't hold anymore. This was after denying the first attempt at cheese. I have a video of it, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, as it is already way too late for me to be awake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josiah's new pics are adorable. You did a good job of giving Josiah his first hair cut Callie. Just a tip in case Josiah gets a stomach virus. Give him Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup, Salteen Crackers, and Diet Canada Dry Ginger-Ail. Dad gave me some Diet Canada Dry Ginger-Ail on Christmas back in the 90s when I was feeling naucious and it worked. I love you.