Today was a productive day.
Earlier this week I pulled out Josiah's fall clothes and realized that somehow, he didn't really have any that would fit. I would like to attribute it to the fact that he dropped significantly in percentiles over time and I over-estimated his size, but what I think really happened is I simply forgot that one wears long sleeves in the fall...not just the winter. So, I decided this weekend I would be venturing to purchase a fall wardrobe for the tot. Conveniently, this was also the weekend of a kid's consignment sale at a local church...and conveniently, Saturday was half price day. I ended up getting 18 things...including a winter coat and two costumes for $28. THAT was a fabulous deal.
Later we went to Target where Josiah pulled a new stunt. I must preface this with the fact that we have been having great difficulty getting Josiah to comply with sitting in seats...of any sort. He is persistent about the need to stand up in his highchair, in the swing, in the grocery cart. It goes without saying that it never ends up pretty. We are consistent in our demands for him to sit...in our strapping down and sitting him back down...but somehow he continues to attempt it. So--to the new stunt--Today he stood up in the cart at looked at me, holding him in place and sternly telling him to sit down--and with a smug look started to push the lap strap (which, by the way, might as well not exist because my child still manages to stand up without much effort) down and out of his way. Of course, the strap was snug around his belly so he didn't get very far, but the sheer fact that he was smart enough to know how to attempt to emancipate himself was amusing. The fact that he was once again standing up was not.
He is getting so close to taking his first step it isn't funny, I think it might just happen this week. My baby is a little man now.
No comments:
Post a Comment