Thursday, September 4, 2008

this one's for the country folk.

Peace and quiet has settled over my house after a long day of fussing. Josiah missed bedtime by about two hours last night, and he didn't recover all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a fresh start.

This is the first time I have had in a while to sit down and reflect on our ever-evolving lives, so I scanned previous entries and hope to fill in some gaps. Afterall, today Josiah is 10 months old!

Josiah now has 5 teeth--the second top tooth came in within a week of the first. It looks as if he has another tooth bud emerging on top, so we may be seeing another one in the next few days. He is able to actually use his teeth now to eat finger foods, the latest of which is blueberries. He loves to eat blueberries, and he doesn't seem to have a problem with the skins like I thought he would. He has also tried diced nectarines, which went over well for the most part but still brought about a gag reflex and a small pool of nectarine vomit. We are VERY pleased to announce that he has added two vegetables to his repetoire, including carrots and butternut squash. I almost feel guilty spooning the squash into his mouth, as it smells awful, but for some reason he doesn't seem to mind. We have battled over green vegetables for some time now, but I suppose orange and yellows will do.

This week Josiah started to say "Dada" and I think he actually associates it with Jonathan. If I ask him where Dada is he scurries off to find Jonathan, and he enjoys practicing the new sound as he plays. His jabbering has gotten very entertaining, and I hope to get it on film soon.

An affirmation more than a new discovery: He is 100%, no turning back, BOY. Every day I watch him do new things and think to myself, "I have an odd feeling that I am in for more than I bargained for."

He recently discovered his ability to use his baby chair as a step stool to the window, and now it isn't surprising for me to look up and find him teetering precariously in the mesh bottom seat, reaching for something that he isn't supposed to have. He loves more than anything to be outside. On Monday, Jonathan was cleaning out our backyard with his friend Josh and Josh's tractor. I sent Josiah out to watch from the stroller, and apparently he just sat and watched the tractor go round and round. I'm not surprised, because when I got up myself I, too, enjoyed watching the tractor till up the yard. After they were finished we let Josiah sit in the seat, and here are a few pictures from it:





No comments: