Monday, October 27, 2008
The price of prevention.
Today we received the invoice from Josiah's ER visit. The total cost of taking your eye out on the bathtub spout: $1,193.00. Granted, we won't have to pay all of that because of our insurance, but quite a hefty price for someone, at least. Conveniently, today I also purchased a spout cover for the tub spout. Cost: $2.99. I think it is quite an investment, considering the alternative. Josiah's scar is looking fabulous, as only two weeks later it is hardly visible. There is a slight pink discoloration, but you have to be close to him to even notice. I am amazed at how fast it has healed, but I am beginning to think it is because breast milk really is the miracle drug. I was pleased that Josiah would be looking back to normal in time for a first birthday photo shoot, but now he has somehow mysteriously scraped his lip pretty well. Another few days to wait. I secretly wonder if I will ever have an un-bumped and battered kid again. He is quite audacious, afterall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment