On Monday night I heard a cat outside my back door...or so I thought. I went to the door and there was no cat to be found. Tuesday afternoon I was rocking Josiah in his bedroom and I heard the cat again, and this time I knew that it was actually under my house in the crawl space. I put Josiah down and went under the house. I called the
cat, looked all around, and there was no cat to be found. Determined I wasn't crazy, I got a flashlight and returned to the crawl space. In the very last place I shined the light, and inconveniently the smallest, most secluded place was a black cat that just stared back into my bright light. I tried to coax her out, but she was unconvinced. I left the door open for about 15 minutes and hoped she would leave on her own. Later that night we heard the meow again. The cat was still under our house. Jonathan wentand opened the door again.
The next morning I woke up and discovered the cat was not gone...and the cat was a he. Cat spray was fuming up through my returns. Fuming myself, I went under the house with old deli meat to convince him it was time to budge. He had turned our duct work into personal scratch towers. He ate my meat trail and seemingly has left. I am still smelling cat spray through my returns, even though I sprayed copious amounts of odor neutralizer down them.
Today we carved Josiah's pumpkin and he decided that he liked the taste of raw pumpkin.
We then dressed him up as a lion and took him out trick-or-treating at a few neighbor houses.Our friends Malcolm and Lori came over and helped us carve the pumpkin, make an apple pie from scratch, and hand out candy.
No comments:
Post a Comment