Friday, June 18, 2010

I have a question.

Oh the antics never stop!

Today Josiah was giving us a very hard time about taking a nap. He kept getting up out of the bed. Jonathan was firm and ready to lay down the law. He started to speak sternly and Josiah said, "Wait! I have a question!" It was all we could do to not die laughing. His "question" was to confirm our afternoon itinerary after his nap. All possible stalling exhausted, he had to return to the bed...but wow are the excuses getting creative!

His imagination is also starting to run wild. He loves to eat pretend food. We were in the pool yesterday eating "ice cream" of all flavors when he suddenly declared, "uh oh! I dropped some on my tummy. Mommy, lick it off!" I started laughing and suggested a pretend napkin instead. Then he told me his ice cream was melting and he accidentally dropped the cone in the water. Then, he started crawling down the step stating that he was "like a lobster." Of course he was.

The same day he told me that crabs like to eat bacon and eggs. I asked who makes the bacon and eggs for the crabs, and he matter-of-factly told me that the crabs make their own bacon and eggs. Got to love it!

No comments: